Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer 2015 Garden

Summertime

I'm loving the limelight hydraginea in this 'all green' garden.  The Autumn Joy Fire is a new edition.  I'm looking to replace the hostas next year, but I'm not sure what I want to put there.

Green Garden in July:
Summer garden

Here is the same garden in May:

May gardens

The new Princess Diana clematis vine bloomed beautifully, I think next year, I will weave it more horizontally because it reached the vertical high pretty early in the season.


Summer garden


The 'not quite full sun' vertical veggie experiment continues, with all tomato's looking good.  The melons and cucumbers flowered, but never produced fruit.  The peas looked great until they didn't, and the carrots never really made it.  Hopefully the sweet potatoes will work out.



Veggies July 2015

The Purple garden was fun, and looks kinda wild which I like.  I need to pull out the dailyness and replace them with cone flowers in the fall.  I also want to plant tons of purple crocus bulbs so it has more going on in the spring.

Purple garden June 2015

The crepe myrtle tree that we thought we lost sprouted all kinds of suckers which I'm told will mature back into the tree.  I'm not sure I believe it, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment